Fall is here (dammit!)

It’s official. Summer is over. Other people have to teach or take classes. I have to think about getting back to North America and getting more writing done, much more writing done. It’s getting dark much earlier than before. Mormor has started turning on small lights in the windows in the evenings. The heat wave of 80+ degrees Fahrenheit has ended in Sweden and we are back to the days of rain showers blowing through throughout the day. I got wet in one yesterday on my first ride back since I was in Chicago. The rain didn’t feel bad at all. It wasn’t until I cleaned the smushed worms off of my frame and re-lubed the chain that I remembered why riding in the rain sucks.
I was lucky enough to spot a fox running across the road while I was out cycling yesterday. It took me a moment to realize that it wasn’t a deformed cat.
BTW my cousin’s ridiculous looking but vicious dog Gucci alerted them to the presence of the mouse before I had a chance to. My cousin Petter killed it. I'm beginning to feel really deficient with respect to tattoos. I also seem to be the only person under 50 without a shaved head in Europe. I could wear a normal-sized bike helmet if my head were shaved. I might even be able to get a helmet to sit straight on my head. Unfortunately, I think I would look as attractive with a shaved head as I did when I had a pageboy as a pre-teen - that is, perfectly hideous.
I will continue telling stories from France soon.
Where did the summer go?!?!?


1 Comments:
"Where does the time go when it's not around here?"
One of my favorite lyrics, from a Barenaked Ladies song.
Post a Comment
<< Home