Nomadic living & blogging don't mix easily
Yeah, so, it turns out that when you travel a lot it isn't so easy to update your travel blog. Who woulda thunk it? So, I guess I've been in Angelholm Sweden visiting my sister (dial up), Florence Italy (nada), several medieval villages in Tuscany (no net for me), Copenhagen Denmark (yeah, but who has time to blog after internet deprival), and New York (sometimes yes, sometimes no). But now I have found my own temporary home away from home in the Big Apple. After much consulting of craigslist and emailing, I found a cute, quiet sunny studio in Hell's Kitchen before losing my sanity! I took it as a good sign when the subleter pulled up to the curb on a bicycle (Litespeed - Teramo). He runs a bicycle rickshaw business. Despite the offputting name, Hell's Kitchen is very cool. There are tons of restaurants and bars. If I feel the need to pay outrageous sums of money to go to the theater, I can walk to a show on Broadway. I plan on biking to Central Park and Hunter College regularly if not daily. Speaking of which Hunter has loaned me a sweet office - about the size of the apt I just rented (not counting kitchen & bathroom areas).
I would be amiss if I didn't mention and praise my friends Giulia and Erin who have housed me on their respective couches since Saturday. Moreover, Giulia gave me the insider's cycling tour of Tuscany, where we stayed with her relatives for several days. I will have to write more about all of these wonderful experiences later. But now I am just inordinately pleased to have a base of operations in NYC with wi-fi included in the rent! Woohoo!!!


1 Comments:
Congrats on the apt!
I think I mentioned in email that I've been humming and hawing about a fall trip. Like, is there going to be one? If so, where would it be to? Yadda, yadda, yadda.
Maybe I should make my first trip to NYC. Some of my Paris friends are living there now too. And I think some other Illinois folks are kicking around there also.
Hmm, decisions, decisions.
Post a Comment
<< Home